Each year about 40% of real estate transactions occur in the early Spring and Summer months. If this information inspires you to buy or sell your home during this time, make sure you are prepared! When you are ready to buy a home, make sure you tackle the necessary prep work!
- Calculate what you can afford (use a home affordability calculator if necessary)
- Check your credit score, credit scores can effect your interest rates.
- Save for a down payment. Talk to your lender to see what they require.
- Be ready for additional closing costs.
- Re-evaluate your insurance coverage and update your policies.
When you are ready to sell your home keep in mind that it is a process that can take months. Check out the seller to-do list below:
- Make sure you clean, declutter and get your house ready to be shown.
- See what needs to be fixed and complete any updates (roof work, new paint, or landscaping).
- Decided on an appropriate selling price. (I can help you pull comps and give you a better idea of your home’s value).
If you are ready to buy and/or sell your home, give me a call or text at: 931-237-1417!