School will be letting out next week for Montgomery County! Many people have been asking for summer camp recommendations and ideas. Here are a few that I have come across so far, this by no means is everything that is offered around Clarksville but it is a good starting point! If you have any recommendations or suggestions, I will gladly look into them and add them to the list.
Clarksville-Montgomery County Public Library Reading Program – June 12 – July 26
- 5 different programs will be offered depending on age. Seating for these programs will be on a first come first serve basis and will meet one to two times a week, depending on age. Participation in the program is not mandatory to be part of the summer reading program. Each child who is registered will receive a reading permit to track total hours read. Participants who turn in 3 reading permits during this 5 week time will receive a book of their choice. For more detailed information please contact the library.
Live and Learn Girls Day Camp – Lylewood Inn Bed and Breakfast – Week 1 (July 17-July 21, ages 8-13), Week 2 (July 24-July 28 (Ages 8-13) : $195 per week
- This is a day camp and the hours are 8 am – 5 pm Monday-Friday. Friday will conclude with a banquet dinner and Civil War dance performance.
- The girls will learn skills that will help them grow in confidence. They will use their natural environment to learn through hands on and living examples. The Live and Learn Camp is designed to help girls accomplish scouting merits, sewing, cooking, canning and fresh fruits and vegetable preservation, daily devotional, budgeting, gardening, animal care, quilting, basic first aid, daily journal writing and self reflection, to name a few. Please contact Mandy at Lylewood Inn for additional information.
Kids-N-Play Summer Camp – Multiple options between June 5th and July 28.
Camps cost $145 plus tax ($158.78) for each weekly camp (Monday-Friday from 9 am – 2 pm). Camp fees are due when registering and are non-refundable. Campers must be pre-registered. For additional information and to register please contact Kids-N-Play.
- June 5-9 – Science Rocks: ages 6-10
- June 12-16 – Lego Building: ages 5-10, Craft & Create: ages 7-12
- June 19-23 – Fun with STEM: ages 8-12, Create & Discover: ages 4-6
- June 26-30 – Young Chefs: ages 7-12, Glitter, Glitz & Glam: ages 6-10
- July 10-14 – Mythbusters: ages 7-12, Create & Discover: ages 4-6
- July 17-21 -Splatter & Swirl: ages 8-12, Lego Building: ages 5-10
- July 24-28 – Junior Dectectives: Undercover ages 7-12
YMCA Summer Day Camp – May 30 – August 4 (9 am – 4 pm). Also offer before and after care.
Camp Cost: per week for YMCA members – $135, non members $165. For children ages 5 – 12 (must have completed kindergarten). Each week they offer a different theme. Contact the YMCA for additional information. The themes are as follows:
- June 5-9 – Sports of All Sorts
- June 12-16 – Critters and Creatures Camp
- June 19-23 – Superhero Camp
- June 26-30 – Jurassic Adventure
- July 3-7 – Carnival Camp
- July 10- 14- Imagination at Work
- July 17- 21 – Splash Camp
- July 24-28 – Out of the World
- July 31-Aug 4 – The Arts
Clarksville Parks and Recreation – Offer a wide variety of camps, dates and prices. Please contact the City of Clarksville Parks and Recreation for additional information!
- Youth Basketball Camp – Burt Cobb recreation Center, cost is free, date: 6/14/17 at 3:00 pm, ages 9-14.
- Civil War Day Camp – Ft. Defiance Park, cost is $60, date: 6/5-6/9 at 8:00 am, ages 9-11.
- Tumbling Camp – American Twisters, cost is $40: dates vary by week at 10 am, ages 6-16.
- Summer Playhouse – Roxy Theatre, cost is $40: dates: 6/5-7/13, Mon-Thurs 1:00 pm, ages 10-16
- Tennis Day Camp – Swan Lake Tennis Complex: cost is free, dates and time vary, ages 6-8
- Archery Day Camp (beginners) – Billy Dunlop Park: cost is $20, 6/26-6/30, 9 am, ages 10-16
- Archery Day Camp (Advanced) – Billy Dunlop Park: cost is $20, 6/26-6/30, 11 am, ages 10-16
- Basketball Skills Development Mini Camp: location not announced, cost free, 7/21, 5 pm, ages 6-10
Clarksville Montgomery County School System Academy Themed Summer Camps – All of the 3 day camps are $40 each. More information can be found at the CMCSS website.
- Coding and Technology Camp – June 12-14 from 8 am – 12 noon, for incoming 6-8th grade.
- WCHS Crimial Justice Camp – June 13-15 from 8:30 am – 11:30 am, for incoming 6-8th grade.
- NorthWest Health Science Medicamp – July 26-28, 9 am-12 noon, for incoming 6-9th grade.
- Create Workshop – July 31-Aug 2, 9 am – 12 noon, for current 5-7th grade.
- STEM Exploration Camp – July 31-Aug 2, 1 pm – 4 pm, for incoming 9th grade.
Low 7 Sports Summer Camp – This is a basketball camp for ages: 4-14. Cost is $100 per child (discounts for multiple children) and run from July 10 – 20, 2017. They are located at Austin Peay Foy Recreation Center.