A new year always bring changes and 2018 will be no different. Tricare has announced that the beginning of January 2018 they will be changing the tricare program. Some changes are as follows:
- New pharmacy co pays (beginning February 2018)
- Tricare Select will replace Standard and Extra.
- You will have to be enrolled in plans in order to get or change coverage.
- The North and South Regions are now the new East Region.
- Tricare has improved access to Urgent Care.
- Increased coverage for medically necessary food and vitamins
- Access to additional preventive care services (without a copay when received from network providers) for tricare select beneficiaries.
To learn more about these changes, make sure to contact Tricare directly.