With the summer months upon us, you may be focusing more on landscaping your outdoors. Landscaping doesn’t have to be complex nor does it have to cost a fortune. Here are 5 simple DIY landscaping ideas!
- Add some firm edging. That will keep your grass at bay and off your walkways.
- Create a focal point in your front yard. You don’t have to have plain old grass, add colors and textures. This will not only become a focal point but may also give you privacy and diffuse street noise.
- Make a flagstone wall. Your goal is to make it no higher than 12 inches and not mortar is needed!
- Create a gravel path. This is a great project to do in the front and backyards. You can also make your path with gentle curves. You don’t have to have a straight path.
- Build a tree surround. This is a great idea to help make your trees stand out, as well as give you less to mow. A tree surround is a border (small wall) that surrounds your tree.